The PADI Advanced Open Water course is designed to improve your diving
skills, give you added confidence in various diving conditions and introduce you
to Multilevel diving using the PADI Wheel. Unlike the basic open water course,
this course stresses practical application rather than theory. This means only one
classroom session, one pool session and five open water dives. This course is
ideal for the diver who has just passed their open water course or for those
certified divers that wish to further their diving experience and education.
You must be 12 years of age or older and have a PADI or equivalent open water certification.
Student kit (Adventures in Diving manual, repetitive dive work slate, Nav-Finder),
Padi wheel, High altitude slates, Advanced video.
Reading and home study prior to class.
- One classroom session to review the information in the PADI Advanced Open Water manual, learning to use the Wheel,
and to discuss the upcoming open water dives.
- One pool session to practice skills that will be used during the open water
- Five open water dives over a 2 day period.
Equipment and course materials that are required are as follows:
A Deep Dive & Navigation Dive are required for advanced certification. The
three elective dives will be chosen by you and the Instructor in accordance with
local diving conditions. Course Fee includes 5 open water dives with a PADI
Instructor, 1 classroom session, one pool session, tanks, and weights.
- Your own equipment, including BCD, regulator, wetsuit, mask, fins, snorkel,
(If you do not own your equipment, you may rent it from Underwater Phantaseas).
- Boots, gloves, dive tool (knife), signaling device, compass, and dive
light before the start of class
- Student kit including Adventures in Diving manual, repetitive dive work
slate, and log book..
- The PADI Wheel - recreational dive planner for multilevel diving.
- High altitude dive tables.
- The Advanced Open Water Video.
- Positive Identification card.
- Passport quality Photos (2) 1 3/4" X 1 1/4" in size.
The Advanced Open Water course is a ton of fun and a great way to build up
your knowledge and confidence under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor.
Sign up today by e-mail to or call us at 303-220-8282 and begin
broadening your skills and capabilities as an Advanced Scuba Diver!!