The best dive buddyIs a self-reliant diver who not only can manage themselves but can assist another diver in difficult circumstances.
The skills you will learn in the PADI Rescue Diver course will expand your knowledge of diving, increase your level of skills, and make you more aware of what is happening around you in the diving environment.
- 12 years of age or older.
- PADI Advanced open water certification or equivalent.
- EFR or equivalent First Aid/CPR in the last 24 months.
The PADI Rescue Diver Manual is designed for self study. There are review questions to be answered and turned in to the instructor at the end of each section. Questions you may encounter, while reading the text, will be answered by your instructor. A Final examination will be administered and a score of 75% or more must be obtained.
There will be two 2 hour pool sessions conducted in our pool to prepare the student for open water training.
Open Water Diving:
The open water training is compromised of 5 open water dives conducted over a 2 day period. The following 10 exercises and 4 scenarios will be performed during these 2 days:
- Response to a tired diver.
- Panicked diver at the surface.
- Response to a unconscious victim from shore/boat.
- Distressed diver underwater.
- Search for a missing diver under water.
- Surfacing an unconscious diver.
- Response to an unconscious diver at the surface.
- Egress with an unconscious diver.
- First aid for pressure-related accidents.
- Response to an unconscious victim from shore/boat.
- Scenario 1-distressed diver underwater with extremity injury
- Scenario 2- Distressed diver on surface
- Scenario 3- Unresponsive Diver underwater
- Scenario 4- Unresponsive Diver on the surface, exiting the unresponsive diver and administering first aid and oxygen
- All pool sessions.
- All open water dives
- Tanks, weights, and weight belts.
- Assistance from the instructor on problems with the required reading material before your final exam
- 10% Discount on all diving equipment purchased during your term as a student(course materials,sale items and equipment rentals excluded)
- Diving gear for the open water dives (may be rented during the course)
- Transportation, meals, and accommodations
- PADI Rescue Diver Student kit, including manual, accident management slate, chevron, and certificate
- PADI certification fee to process your C-card plus 2 passport photos
Feeling of increased confidence and competence in your diving abilities enhance the pride of completing the PADI Rescue Diver course. It also qualifies you toward your first step at the challenging and satisfying level of Divemaster or Master Scuba Diver. Come join us at Underwater Phantaseas and enjoy the benefits and rewards of becoming a certified PADI Rescue Diver.